Wednesday, January 14, 2009

FIRST ENTRY of 2009

DECEMBER UPDATE:


We had a wonderful Christmas - short, but wonderful nonetheless. It was a Maddox Christmas this year, and so on Christmas Eve we drove down to Hardy and spent the day with Peter's family. On Christmas we opened gifts and ate a fabulous meal that Liane made for us - thanks Liane! Our oldest nephew, Gabe, will be three at the end of January and so Christmas morning was a lot of fun watching him open all his gifts! I would ask him, "Gabe, what is that? What did you get?" and regardless of what the toy actually was, he would reply with great certainty, "It's Gabe's!" Gabe's baby brother also recieved a lot of fun gifts for Christmas; sweet baby Sam is always a joy to be around, and even thought he didn't really know what was going on, he had fun with the rest of us and even helped to open some of his presents.



The Sunday before Christmas we had our Scowden Christmas. (Sadly, I only got one picture) Here it is: Jacob got a shirt!

We went to church, came home, ate Dad's traditional sausage gravy and biscuits, and then exchanged gifts. It was a good day. Mom and Dad bought us a dresser, and since then Peter and I have been working on staining it...it's been an interesting project, and I've decided that maybe it was a little bit too big of a project for my first attempt at staining because I feel as though I never want to stain another piece of wood again! I am glad about the dresser, though, and it has been a fun leaning process.

Also, in December Peter and I became Travel Agents. We have our own website - coldcreektravel.com - and anyone can book travel through us - flights, hotels, cruises, rental cars, the works... We have the same deals as Travelocity and those others, the only difference is that when you book through our website we earn commission off of whatever you book. I've posted a link to the website here on our blog on the right-hand side.


JANUARY 2009:
We are both continuing to work. Peter has been transferred to Willard which is only 15 minutes away from our house instead of the 45+ he has been driving for the past couple of months. I think it will be a good change and save on wear and tear on the car, plus Peter can be home a little more.
Our lease on our apartment ends in April, and we aren't sure what that will mean for us exactly, but we'll probably stay in Springfield...who knows...so much could happen in those next 3 1/2 months.
We continue to love being married and love being with each other (married for 1 year, 5 months and together for 3 years, 8 months). We feel very blessed to have each other.


3 comments:

Gretchen said...

I love reading your updates Sarah! It helps me feel connected to ya'll since we don't get to talk face to face as much as I would like. I love you both!
Gretchen

Main Street Hardy said...

Great to read your post, Sarah, it does make me curious...I ask Peter on the phone "what's new son?" He says, nothing...." Being tranferred to Willard is big news, was he trying to keep it on the down low? I'm glad to know he doesn't have to commute as far...fron now on I'll just ask Sarah, "What's new !". Post a picture of your dresser! POP

ARIEL said...

I bet the dresser looks really cute. If you don't stay in Springfield, you could always move to Raleigh!!!! Its lots of fun here!

Ariel